Spatial Insights is pleased to offer accurate and current ZIP+4 Centroids from GbBIS. GbBIS applies their technology and expertise to create accurate ZIP+4 Centroid geography that are compatible with CASS-certified systems.
GbBIS ZIP+4 Centroids are often used for target marketing and accurate enough for companies to create their own deliery areas/zones.
GbBIS ZIP+4 Centroids have the following characteristics:
- updated monthly
- created from the same data and systems provided by the US Postal Service for producing CASS Certified systems.
- truly encapsulate US Postal Service carriers’ routes.
GbBIS’ process begins with an inventory of USPS Carrier Route/ZIP Code information. This is acquired from the monthly USPS Address Information Systems (AIS) database and the streets that make up each ZIP Code/Carrier Route.
The process exhaustively attributes the national street network at the ZIP+4 level. A correspondence file is created which relates the street elements to the USPS postal information. Element names are matched, as well as address ranges. They are then scored. Those elements that have the highest scores offer reference points for enhancing the scores of other elements. This process includes network analysis and graphing techniques. The process also iterates until defining elements have been correlated with a high level of confidence. Those that do not achieve sufficient confidence are investigated. The result of the investigation is enhancement of the automation or addition to a list of exceptions for individual processing.
The centroids are calculated to the mid point of the street segment it matched to, and offset appropriately to the correct side of the street. For cases when a street level match could not be obtained, it will approximate the centroid for the +4 by calculating it in the following order:
- ZIP+2: Obtained by taking the gravitational centroid of the street level ZIP+4 level centroids, that begin with the same +2 digits.
- Carrier Route: Obtained by taking the gravitational centroid of the street level ZIP+4 level centroids that have the same carrier route id as the +4 we are looking for.
- ZIP Code: Obtained by taking the gravitational centroid of all the street level ZIP+4 level centroids for the entire ZIP Code.
An extended ZIP + 4 code includes the five digits of the ZIP code, a hyphen and then four more digits, which allow a piece of mail to be directed to a more precise location than by the ZIP code alone. A ZIP + 4 code uses the basic five-digit code plus an additional four digits to identify a geographic segment within the five-digit delivery area.
GBBIS ZIP+4 centroids are updated monthly and CASS Certifiable. There are more than 37,000,000 ZIP+4 centroids.
Output Formats: ESRI Shapefile, MapInfo Tab, & MapInfo Mid/Mif
An extended ZIP + 4 Code includes the five digits of the ZIP code, a hyphen and then four more digits. This allows a piece of mail to be directed to a more precise location than by the ZIP code alone.
A ZIP + 4 Code uses the basic five-digit code plus an additional four digits to identify a geographic segment within the five-digit delivery area.
GBBIS ZIP+4 databases are updated monthly. We offer the database in two versions:
- Basic Version: includes 5-digit ZIP Code and +4 Code Low/High range. This is a complete inventory of every ZIP+4 for every ZIP Code, with more than 2,200,000 records.
- Enhanced Version: Complete US ZIP+4 database, which includes a detailed listing of 5-digit ZIP Code, +4 Code Low/High range, and carrier routes, with complete street information. There are more than 43,000,000 records in this file.
Please contact us for pricing information.