GbBIS Carrier Routes
Spatial Insights is pleased to offer accurate and current Carrier Route boundaries from ZIPCodeMAPS. The Carrier Routes are produced monthly using US Postal Service data and CASS certification systems. ZIPCodeMAPS boundaries enclose the actual ZIP Code and Carrier Route delivery areas. Several 100,000’s of these maps, most with full street detail, have been used by over 50,000 clients, including over 74% of the FORTUNE 500 and the US Postal Service.
ZIPCodeMAPS has developed advanced technology and a proprietary process to accurately create Carrier Routes. The responsibility and accountability ZIPCodeMAPS has by creating thousands of maps with full street detail mandates complete accuracy and usability.
Carrier Routes are updated monthly to the highest US Postal Services standards, including the CASS Certification process. They are aligned to the NAVTEQ street data for both accurate and easy to use map presentation.
- updated monthly, with each release of US Postal Service data
- USPS CASS Certification Compatible
- All Carrier Routes, including residential and business
- Centroids for PO Boxes, Rural Delivery and Unique ZIP/Routes are available
- Correspondence Databases that establish the relationships between ZIP Codes / Carrier Routes and census / political geographies and more are available
How People Use Carrier Routes
- Target Marketing
- Direct Mail Management and Analysis
- Delivery Management and Analysis
- Sales Territory Design and Mana
- Customer Profiling and New Customer Acquisitions
- Web Mapping Applications
What Do You Get with Premium NAVTEQ Aligned Carrier Routes
- Formats Available: ESRI Shapefile, MapInfo Tab and MID/MIF, Text Formats, Custom Formats
- Update Available: Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-Annual. Annual
- Datum: WGS84
- Additional Options: Full- and Low Resolution/Detail; Carrier Route spatial and demographic data
Questions to Ask When Evaluating Carrier Routes
- Do the boundaries enclose the actual Carrier Route areas? (Important if accuracy matters.)
- Are the Carrier Routes validated using the CASS Certification process? (Important to direct mailers!)
- Are the Carrier Routes updated monthly? (USPS data is updated monthly.)
- Does the database accurately place addresses in the correct Carrier Route? (ZCM is the only source that does.)
- Do boundaries follow the street centerline, even when both sides of the street are delivered by the same Carrier? (The simpler methodology used by other companies creates a less accurate approximation of the Carrier Routes.)
Over 20 years of geographic database analysis and development has been applied to the creation of accurate postal geographies. Network Analysis and Mathematical Graphing contribute to ZIPCodeMAPS’ technology and process, eliminating the visual guessing and manual drawing used by older, less accurate methodologies.
- US Postal Service data is updated monthly
- The NAVTEQ street database is updated with complete ZIP+4 attribution of the street segment and sub-segments
- Network Analysis and Mathematical Graphing technology is used to validate and enhance this attribution
- The USPS CASS Certification data and process is used to validate the ZIP+4 attribution; exceptions are visually reviewed and resolved
- Proprietary processes create the boundaries that truly includes/encapsulates the Carrier’s walk and the ZIP Code
- The USPS CASS Certification data and process is again used to validate these boundaries; exceptions are visually reviewed and resolved
- The USPS, including local Postmasters, use our maps and confirm the results
- The boundaries are accurate and reflect the actual data…the appearance of “jagged lines crossing roads” accurately presents the Carrier Routes as defined by the USPS
Carrier Route Boundaries
A postal carrier route is the group of addresses to which the USPS assigns the same code to aid in mail delivery. These codes are 9 digits – 5 numbers for the ZIP Code, one letter for the carrier route type and 3 numbers for the carrier route code. The database is CASS Certifiable: our Carrier Routes are verified against the USPS Address Management System to assure perfect accuracy.
GBBIS offers boundaries for around 250,000 Carrier Routes. The attributes for the boundaries would be as follows:
Corresponding Demographics: together with the databases we offer 14,000 demographic variables by Carrier Route.
Output Formats: ESRI Shapefile, MapInfo Tab, & MapInfo Mid/Mif
Carrier Route Database
A postal carrier route is the group of addresses to which the USPS assigns the same code to aid in mail delivery. These codes are 9 digits – 5 numbers for the ZIP Code, one letter for the carrier route type and 3 numbers for the carrier route code.
This database contains the approximately 640,000 carrier routes that exist in the US. The information is updated monthly and includes every single Carrier Route. We offer two versions of this database:
Basic Version: this version displays the ZIP Code, Carrier Route, City, and State with the following formats:
Enhanced Version: Complete list of US Carrier Routes, with county information and delivery statistics. The database includes the 640,000+ carrier routes and over 660,000 records. Below are the specific formats of this information.
Database Formats: Comma Separated Values or Tab-Delimited
Please contact us for pricing information.