Provider: Pitney Bowes Business Insight
With MapX Mobile, the power to add powerful mapping capabilities to your PocketPC applications is at your disposal. MapX Mobile allows you to take your mapping applications off of the desktop and into the field on hand held devices. Your maps are representations of real world objects. Now you can map those objects while your standing on or next to them.
For example, MapX Mobile allows you to position the location of your fiber optic cable when you are standing next to it in the street. You can use MapX Mobile in conjunction with GPS devices to determine the accuracy of your data or you can log incident reports while still in the field. With MapX Mobile your data goes where ever you do!
MapX Mobile is the premier developer tool to create customized mapping applications for the Pocket PC. MapX Mobile enables Windows programmers to develop mobile applications for the Pocket PC. This release of the product includes Pocket PC 2003 Operating System support and Microsoft Embedded Tools 4.0 support. In addition we have also added the enablement of .NET based development which allows developers to use the .NET compact frame work to develop Pocket PC applications with MapX Mobile.
- MapInfo MapX Mobile is the ideal tool for any organization with a mobile workforce looking to improve efficiency and productivity. Field workers can access and update critical information beyond corporate walls and make immediate decisions.
- Additionally, the information gathered from the field can be transferred to a desktop and/or server for advanced data mining and enhanced decision making. MapInfo MapX Mobile addresses an organization’s need to be able to receive, view and analyze data wherever critical decisions are made-in both the field and the enterprise.
- Solution Providers for the Microsoft Windows Pocket PC Market
- Organizations with a mobile workforce such as utilities, telecommunications, retail stores, real-estate companies for managing vending equipment, ATM locations, new construction etc. MapX Mobile allows users to bring their map data into the field where it resides.
- Mobile Solution: Take your location based application and data into the field where it is needed. No wireless connection required.
- Support Pocket PC 2003 ARM Instruction SET: ARM is the most popular instruction set supporting StrongARM and Xscale processor powered PDAs and PocketPC Phone edition powered Phones.
- Uses streamlined Object Model, extensive methods & events, efficient property pages/defaults, and other wizards: Quickly drop a map component into your application with very little programming.
- Utilizes Microsoft embedded tools or optionally developers can develop in a .NET environment: Develop applications using embedded C++ or .NET. This leverages the skills that many organizations already have.
- Take your data with you: MapX Mobile supports MapInfo .Tab and .Gst. This allows for direct transition from MIPro or MapX or MapXtreme to MapX Mobile.
- ADO Connectivity: Connect to Pocket Access and Microsoft SQL Server CE via ADO
- Enhanced Raster Support now includes ECW: Support for several raster formats, use imagery with your mobile applications and reduce the number of layers needed to show a map. See Appendix for complete list of supported raster formats.
- GPS Integration with sample application and source code included: Ability to display dynamic data like GPS coordinates fed from a GPS device directly to MapX Mobile based application.
- Object Processing Capabilities – Unique differentiator: Create applications that combine, buffer, intersect, or erase objects like points, lines and polygons and return resulting data. This capability is unique to MapInfo when compared to competitor offerings.
- Customer Ready Sample Applications: Numerous included sample applications enable developers to “learn by example” and rapidly develop and deploy their application.
- Thematic Support – Unique functionality (Market Differentiator): Create thematically shaded maps programmatically or on the fly to perform visual analysis of tabular data on the go.
- Grid and Hill Shading display – Grid file support allows continuous thematic view of information: Allows developers to present highly-visual maps such as RF signal strength, weather or terrain maps you might see in a newspaper.
- Standard user controls including zoom, pan, information, distance, and layer control: Easy map navigation consistent experience with desktop applications.
- Label tool & text tool: Label any object on the map & place arbitrary text on the map for annotation to improve map clarity and quickly gain relevant information needed.
- On the fly coordinate system/projection transformation including custom affine transformations and custom datums: Lets different layers with different base coordinate systems & projection to automatically be displayed in the same coordinate system & projection. Allows for quick map generation with minimum steps required.
- MapXtreme Connectivity: MapX Mobile can display maps generated from MapXtreme using a wireless connection.
- Xscale and ARM Processor Support
- Microsoft Embedded Tools v4.0 Development Environment Support
- Exception Handling Support
- Select STL (Standard Templates Library) support
- .NET Development Support via CFCOM technology
- ECW Raster Format Support
- Performance Enhancements in: Display, Panning, Animation Layer, and Coordinate Dialog Display
Please contact us for pricing information.
Learn More About MapX Mobile
Since 1993, Spatial Insights has been leveraging unique partnerships with the industry’s leading providers of mapping software and data to provide solutions tailored specifically to meet our clients’ diverse needs.
For more information about our services, or how we could help your business, please contact us at 800.347.5291 or fill out the form below.