Provider: Spatial Insights, Inc.
Need more detail than Census block group level data? Spatial Insights offers just that with Census block centroids and data. Available by county, state or nationwide, the block centroid data has been sourced from the US Census Bureau and reformatted for ease-of-use within your GIS system or database program.
In addition to decimal degree latitude and longitude, the block data come with Census 2010 total population and the number of dwelling units.
Available formats for this database include MapInfo .tab, ERSI .shp, dBase, and delimited text files. Please call if you require a different format.
- LOGRECNO: ID field
- BlockID: Concatenated FIPS codes of county, tract, and block
- BlockGroupID: Concatenated FIPS codes of county, and tract
- STATE: State FIPS code
- COUNTY: County FIPS code
- TRACT: Tract FIPS code
- BLKGRP: Block group FIPS code
- BLOCK: Block FIPS code
- AREALAND: Land area in square meters
- AREAWATR: Area in square meters covered by water
- POP10: Total population (Census 2010)
- HU10: Total number of housing units (Census 2010)
- Latitude: Latitude, in decimal degrees
- Longitude: Longitude, in decimal degrees
Please contact us for pricing information.
Learn More About Census Block Centroids
Since 1993, Spatial Insights has been leveraging unique partnerships with the industry’s leading providers of mapping software and data to provide solutions tailored specifically to meet our clients’ diverse needs.
For more information about our services, or how we could help your business, please contact us at 800.347.5291 or fill out the form below.