Provider: DMTI Spatial Inc.
In 1953, Canada witnessed its first municipal amalgamation with the creation of Metropolitan Toronto.
Since then, municipal reform has been implemented across the country and with great vigor since the late 90’s. To help clients stay on top of these amalgamations, DMTI Spatial has created the Municipal Amalgamation File (MAF).
The Municipal Amalgamation File (MAF) is a supplementary municipality boundary with CanMap Streetfiles and CanMap RouteLogistics and reflects recent changes to any amalgamated municipal boundaries, their subsequent changes to name, municipality type and date of amalgamation. An amalgamation is defined as a consolidation of two or more entire municipalities.
The Municipal Amalgamation file contains:
- Amalgamation data derived from the 1996 census, 2001 census, and provincial/territorial sources
- Census Subdivision Name and Type revisions from the 1996 census and 2001 census
The Municipal Amalgamation File is ideal for users who wish to conduct analysis sensitive to changes in municipal amalgamations.
Other benefits include:
- Aligns with other DMTI Spatial data sets for complete analysis
- Display and analyze your data on a nationwide standard
- Shipped in plug-and-play format in the world’s leading GIS software formats
- Custom formats available upon request.
Unprojected latitude, longitude; NAD83
Please contact us for pricing information.
Learn More About CanMap Municipal Amalgamation File
Since 1993, Spatial Insights has been leveraging unique partnerships with the industry’s leading providers of mapping software and data to provide solutions tailored specifically to meet our clients’ diverse needs.
For more information about our services, or how we could help your business, please contact us at 800.347.5291 or fill out the form below.